Keto pizza recipes are all over the internet! Well, let’s face it, it’s summer and everybody want’s to spend less time in the kitchen. Still, we want to enjoy all the benefits of Keto Mediterranean lifestyle. I’d like to point out that you can live like a true Mediterranean regardless of your actual location! The best example of that is Pizza… They say that Italians brought it to America and the rest of Europe, after that – Pizza started ruling the world. It goes well with any generation, but children, in particular, adore it!
Who actually invented Pizza?
It is a common belief that world-famous pizza was invented by our Mediterranean neighbours. Those who reside on a high heel boot-shaped peninsula. However, the history of pizza goes back to the ancient times in the Middle East. The Greeks, Egyptians, Persians and Babylonians used to make something that looked like pizza thousands of years before. They would bake flatbread and top it with different Mediterranean herbs, sometimes olives and cheese too! This was a convenient way to prepare inexpensive meals. The Greeks, specifically, would use yesterday’s dinner leftovers for topping. Obviously, we were always trying to recycle and save, both money and time!
Making it healthier
I believe there are thousands of recipes for Keto Pizzas around the world wide web. Mindfully, not all of them sound very healthy. Especially when it comes to organic and raw ingredients. Earlier I assembled a Keto Pizza recipe which took a lot of your attention. But, this recipe wasn’t very Greek or summer friendly. This is why I wanted to offer you another perspective on Keto pizza preparation. Let’s make it totally Keto friendly, 100% Greek, and what’s most important, as healthy as it can be! I know you want the recipe to be simple and quick. However, if you want it really tasty, spend a few minutes extra in your kitchen and do it as we do it – slowly and passionately! Take your time, enjoy the KMD life!
Keto Pizza Greek style
Preparation time: 60 minutes
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 70 g organic coconut flour
- 100 g organic almond flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium powder (I will not be repetitive, but you know, organic is the way to go)
- 10o g goat yoghurt (Greek style, drained)
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground rosemary (You can pulse it in a food processor)
- 2 tbsp grated hard goat cheese (I guess you can use any kind of hard cheese, but Goat cheese would make it healthier)
- 2 tbsp organic tomato paste (Sugarfree)
- 100 g Greek goat or sheep Feta cheese
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 tbsp sliced green olives
- 1/2 sliced white onion
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Beat the eggs with olive oil and salt in a deep mixing bowl
- Add greek goat yoghurt and rosemary
- Combine psyllium, almond and coconut flour in another bowl and start adding it to the egg mixture spoon by spoon
- At this point mix it with your hands. Cover it with a kitchen towel and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes
- place the dough in between two baking papers and roll it using a roller
- Mix the tomato paste with shredded cheese and spread it all over the crust
- Bake it in the oven for 12 minutes at 180C
- While the crust is baking, prepare your topping: crumble the feta cheese, cut the tomato and pepper in small cubes, slice the olives and onion
- Take the crust out of the oven and start adding your topping
- Place the Pizza back to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes
The divine macros
Even though this Keto Pizza contains no meat, it’s well balanced with cheese, eggs and yoghurt so it will provide you with just enough of protein, loads of good fats and only 3g of net carbs per serving! Check out the amazing macros… This pizza cuts into 12 awesome and well-balanced Keto pieces. The number 12, after all, is a magic number!